You're looking forward to the best day of your life...
...birth plan in hand, ready for everything to go just as you picture it.
BUT, Birth is messy.
Rarely does your birth go as planned.
TAKE IT FROM ME:
My first birth started slow, failed to progress and resulted in the assistance of meds and an emergency c-section.
My second was a fast-paced, natural VBAC.
Having experienced both ends of the spectrum, I can tell you that there is STILL a high level of empowerment in any type of birth (I mean, look at my face in both of those pics!).
Whether your birth goes as planned or not,
your story is worth telling.
Welcome, friends! I'm so glad you're here.
A little about me. First off,
I'm a feeler.
(Ok, hold up, don't leave yet.)
I love raw emotions. I thrive off of seeing people put their ALL into each other. Supporting one another throughout the pain and the joy.
This is what led me to
In 2015, I was a photographer and, on a whim, a friend asked if I would do photos at the birth of her first born. I had always admired those who were able to capture this type of work, so I immediately said "Yes!!"
It turns out, her birth story ended up so similar to mine and in her quiet moments of changed plans, I was able to be there for her in a way I had not anticipated. More than just a photographer.
I was a support person for her physically, mentally and emotionally.
A few Images from That First Birth Client
Ok, enough of the mushy stuff...
here are some other tidbits you need to know about me:
• If you comment on something I own, 94% of the time I'm going to tell you I got it at Goodwill.
• My favorite smell in the whole world is rain on hot concrete in the spring.
• I spent my college education on an Art degree and it was the best experience of my life (pre-family, of course).
• I consider myself to be best friends with Liz Lemon, Harry Potter and David Rose.
• When I'm not working, you'll find me:
- at Camp Doris at the Wildlife Refuge in SW Oklahoma
- watching a Marvel movie and building LEGOs with the family
- serving the local church
- at a thrift store or estate sale
- celebrating the latest holiday with the tightest group of friends
So, that's me.